- 1 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons of packed fresh oregano leaves
- 1/3 cup Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Place all the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely chopped but stop short of making a fine paste.
- Scrape the chimichurri into a bowl and adjust the seasonings as desired.
- This can be served immediately but it benefits from being allowed to sit for a few hours while the flavors meld in the refrigerator. However, if chilled, return to room temperature before serving.
Keeps well for up to three days covered and refrigerated.
Makes approximately 3/4 cup of sauce