Lavender-Rosemary Balsamic Glazed Salmon
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets (skinless or skin on)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp rosemary extra virgin olive oil
Lavender Balsamic Rosemary Glaze:
- 1/4 cup lavender balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup white wine or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp Purple Hays raw honey (or any local honey)
- 1 Tbsp Edmond Fallot honey-balsamic dijon mustard
- 1 rosemary sprig (about 7-inches)
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- Whisk together lavender balsamic, wine, honey, dijon mustard, and minced garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
- Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon fillets and cook, without moving until salmon has nicely browned on bottom, about 4 minutes. Carefully flip salmon to opposite side and continue to cook another 4 minutes longer or until salmon has cooked through.
- Allow salmon to rest 10 - 15 minutes at room temperature. Meanwhile, in same skillet combine balsamic vinegar mixture with rosemary sprig. Heat over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer over medium-low heat until sauce has thickened and reduced to about 1/3 cup, about 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Remove and discard rosemary sprig.
- Brush or drizzle warm glaze onto salmon prior to serving.