Summertime Foodie Fun
Grilling season is officially here and we are ready for backyard bbqs, pool parties, and picnics! To get your summer foodie fix, Nika has put together her must have summer favorites to inspire your next outdoor eating adventure.
Summer Salad Series
It's hard to think about the hot weather and not want to pair a meal with a freshly made salad. Whether it's a mix of fresh greens and vegetables, Caprese, pasta, potato salad or a fun fruit/Waldorf salad, one of our summer salad kits will keep you coming back for more.
Savory Summer Salads
- Tuscan Herb EVOO - Oh the flavors of Italy! Fresh herbs, garlic and sun-dried tomato blend together in this amazing olive oil making it perfect for bread dipping, pasta, pizza/flatbread, and so much more. Create amazing aioli, mayonnaise and other sauces, then brush on your favorite vegetables before roasted or grilling. Bring a taste of Italy to your meat, poultry and seafood by creating marinades or simply brushing on before grilling or baking. Oh, did I mention bruschetta? This oil makes divine toasted crostinis, drizzled over Caprese salad, and fresh mozzarella.
- Oregano White Balsamic - Sharp and intoxicating oregano flavor bursts from this vinegar making it amazing added to sauces, soups, and roasts. It brings a lively flavor to salads, pickled vegetables, deviled eggs, pasta salads and more. Use in marinades for wild game, beef, pork and chicken.
- Herbs de Provence EVOO - Beautiful, aromatic and delicious! This classic French herb infused oil works amazingly in salads, soups, sauces, meats, vegetables and even desserts. Try on roasted lamb or chicken, then drizzle over soups before serving. This makes a wonderful bread dipper and can be used in place of other oils in baked goods for a fragrant, elegant touch.
- Lavender Balsamic - Floral. sweet and herbaceous. This lovely dark balsamic can be drizzled over fruit, salads, cheese, and sorbets while tempting you to add into a cocktail. This versatile vinegar can add amazing flavor to lamb, pork and chicken as well.
Sweet Summer Salads
This kit was designed for quick and easy salad dressings, but there is SO much more you can do.
- Blood Orange EVOO - Bright, citrus flavors in this oil make it perfect for fish, chicken, or pork. It adds amazing flavor to vegetables, fruits, cheeses, rice, quinoa and farro for a great side dish. Try it in your next tabbouleh salad, marinade, or simply create fun desserts by substituting the fat with this oil.
- Honey Ginger White Balsamic - Sweet and spiced, this balsamic is great on fish, seafood, chicken, in stir fry and other Asian inspired dishes. It can also be added to cocktails, water and other beverages to add a sweet gingery zing.
- Persian Lime EVOO - One of the most versatile oils in our collection. It adds bright, lime flavor to anything and everything. Try in fruit, vegetables, meats, drinks and desserts for a burst of lime.
- Strawberry Balsamic - One of our most popular balsamic vinegar. It pairs well with almost all our flavored oils and is perfect on salads, drizzled over cheeses, atop frozen desserts, sauces and mixed into cocktails.
- Maple Balsamic - This sweet, surprisingly addictive balsamic is made with Vermont maple syrup and pairs well in many backyard favorites. Try it blended with our garlic EVOO for glazed salmon or shrimp. Add it to BBQ sauces, baked beans, or pork. Drizzle over vegetables or try brushed on bacon wrapped tenderloin filet or even stuffed jalapenos. If savory, sweet isn't your thing, then try drizzled over fruit, ice cream, compotes, cobblers and more. Go ahead and bake it into cakes and other baked goods for moisture and amazing maple flavor.
- Garlic EVOO - Oh my sweet garlic! This versatile EVOO is great on everything and anything. It can blend into any regional cuisine or jump out and be its own superstar. I add this oil to so many dishes that all I can say is play, experiment and fall in garlic love.
- Espresso Balsamic
- Olive Wood Smoked EVOO
- Olive Wood Smoked EVOO - This smoked olive oil is a must have for BBQ sauces, marinades, crock pot cooking and roasted vegetables. It adds wood smoked flavor to gas grill cooking, and can give you bragging rights when you add to deviled eggs and potato salad. Try it on trout, halibut, or shrimp for a light wood fired flavor, then soak your baby backs in this oil paired with your favorite brewski and pappy's secret spice blend for out of this world ribs.
- Baklouti Green Chili EVOO - Spicy and slightly smoky, this chili oil will add serious bite to your backyard grill. I absolutely adore this oil on roasted corn on the cob, brushed on bacon wrapped shrimp, and in skirt steak/fajita marinades. Add to salsa, guacamole, chutneys and drizzled over vegetables for added kick and interest.
- Wild Mushroom & Sage EVOO - Earthy, herbaceous and rich. I love this oil added to stuffing recipes, on poultry of all kinds, in potato dishes, rice, on roasted asparagus or steamed green beans. Try in feta/gruyere cheese stuffed elk, bison or beef burgers served on a brioche bun. How about in a cream sauce, gravy, casserole or aioli? the possibilities are endless!
- Serrano Honey Vinegar - Spicy, sweet and complex, this vinegar makes a great addition to seafood, ceviches, salsas, sauces and more.
- Espresso Balsamic - Coffee anyone? If you have not tried a coffee rub on your beef and lamb dishes, you don't know what you are missing. An amazing flavor combinations happens when the rich roasted espresso flavor mixes with the meat and juices from fatty cuts of beef like ribeyes, burgers and brisket. Drizzle it over meat (or portobello mushrooms) prior to grilling or create a marinade with one of our olive oils for tender, melt in your mouth flavor. If grilling with coffee isn't your thing, then try this drizzled over ice cream or added to your favorite brownie recipe.
- Neapolitan Herb Balsamic - Reminiscent of worchestershire sauce blended with fresh herbs, this balsamic makes an amazing marinade for your favorite meats. Add to burgers, ribs, mushrooms, steaks, smoked meats and more for tons of flavor and moisture. Try drizzled over roasted vegetables or added to your favorite homemade salad dressings.